Too much to cover!





Well, blogging has been last on my list these days. I'll have a few minutes to work on it and realize, there is WAY TOO MUCH to cover in the amount of time I have, so I give up before I start.

Summer is here and the days of sleeping in and staying up late are upon us - BIG smile :) Riley did great in his first year of middle school with a 3.47 GPA and is now, unbelievably.......a 7th grader!! How did I get this old? Seriously, I am SO proud to be his Mom, even if he is officially now too old to hold my hand in public. He decided to give up swimming this summer in order to work on his new favorite sport, Lacrosse! Which he is quite good at I might add. After we signed him up I realized it was a full contact sport. DUH! Thankfully, the contact is not quite as brutal as football. Maybe it will be good for some of his pre-teen angst!

Misrak also did excellent in her first year of school here in America. She really did great especially for someone who began the year not knowing a lick of English! She loves math and is really good at it and her love for reading is growing now that her comprehension is growing. We recently instituted a "chore chart" and her reaction was "FINALLY! Now I know what I'm supposed to do!" She is such a worker bee! Little does she know that due to her reaction, she will be getting a much bigger list in the very near future! ;)

Misti....Oh, Misti! We cannot go anywhere without someone commenting on HOW adorable she is. And boy is she working it! She finished up 3 year old preschool with a bang and already misses her teachers and classmates whom she prays for every night to have a good summer. She truly has all of us wrapped around her little finger.

Here are some pics of our recent family outings! Strawberry Picking, Chimney Rock, Riley and Dad Backpacking in Mt Rogers, The Zoo with Grandma and Easter!!












1 comments:

Kristine June 15, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

Hey, how are you guys doing?? The girls look great! Do you do their hair? Haven't had much time to keep up with blogs lately, but catching up on yours. :) Hope you guys have a great summer!

Welcome to Our Journey!

Misrak and Misti came home from Ethiopia to their forever family on Aug 21st, 2009. We pray that our story blesses you as much as they have blessed us!!